Twitter Updates

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 13, 2007

    Back again

    I am glad to return to the internet world. During my stint on the George Allen campaign in Virginia, I took down my blog so as not to give the liberal left an opportunity to twist the words of a campaign member.

    I was the Eastern Regional Politcal Director, coordinating all of the grassroots, volunteer, and visibility activities in the northern part of the first congressional district. As a staff member of the Republican Party of Virginia, I got an inside look at how things turned out.


    The lesson that we can learn is conservative principles will always win over middle-of-the-road thinking. The marriage amendment passed in Virginia by an overwhelming 57 percent. If Allen had been within even five points of the amendment, he would still have had a clean victory.
    The reality on the campaign: Allen did not publicly and strongly align himself with the amendment until the last two weeks of the campaign. Had he show clearly that he supported the amendment, and his liberal opponent Jim Webb was against it, then Republicans would still probably control he Senate. Hopefully Republicans will learn this lesson for the 2008 elections.

    1 comment:

    clethodim said...

    Hopefully.